It’s the all over body workout you need to include in your workout routine!
It’s relaxing, it’s cheap and FUN, not to mention gives you kick-ass strength and fitness. Here’s why (with a little help from the team at Aspire Channel Swim – www.aspirechannelswim.co.uk) you should be spending more time busting lengths in your local pool!
– Swimming is a great fitness choice as it’s a low-impact workout for the whole body. Because it’s easy on your joints, it is perfect for just about everyone, especially those who have physical limitations or who find other forms of exercise painful.
– Resistance training can help build strong muscles and reduce body fat. As water is denser than air, every movement made in water is against a greater resistance.
– Swimming enables you to work the whole body at the same time unlike most gym equipment that only works on isolated muscle groups.
– Swimming is an aerobic exercise so it strengthens your heart muscle and increases its size. This enables better blood flow throughout your body and may help increase your life expectancy.
– Swimming can help you achieve your weight loss goals. Working at intense interval training will also give your calorie burning a big boost.
– Just 30 minutes of swimming, three times a week, can reduce your risk of getting type 2 Diabetes by 10%.
– Swimming is an excellent stress buster as your body releases endorphins that make you happy and calm.
– Exercising is a great way to boost your confidence and raise your self-esteem.